Wednesday, May 13, 2009

i wonder if he'll eat while playing.

"On May 16, starting at 11PM and continuing through Sunday, Gonzales will take to the Cine 13 Theatre in Paris, and attempt to perform a 27 hour concert. The previous record is 26 hours and 12 minutes. "I will do this to push my muscial and physical stamina" says Gonzales. "I believe music is part art, part athletics and this 25-hour concert will demonstrate both aspects. I aim to break the record without sounding like a broken record."

"I believe that music is part art and part athleticism....being onstage is a physical challenge even for an hour, much less 27. I'm a very competitive person, but living in Paris, I have found that most French singers whom I've challenged do not respond out of French 'false modesty'. So I've been forced to turn my aggression inward and compete with myself.""
-Via FACT magazine

No comments: